Why I love using Google Alerts for sales and marketing!
If you are not taking advantage of the free Google Alerts service, you are missing out! I could spend all day trolling the web OR I can let Google Alerts give me the information I want right in my inbox in a neat little package, (you can sign up for immediate, daily or weekly alerts but I recommend weekly so you don’t get overloaded with emails).
I have alerts set up for:
· My product name (Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0)
· My company name (CAL Business Solutions)
· My personal name (Anya Ciecierski)
· My main competitor (that’s a secret)
· My best client’s name (whoever I want to keep track of)
· Bullhorn Staffing & Recruiting (just so I can keep up with all their news)
This way, if my company name (or my own name) is mentioned online (even in a blog) – I know about it right away! I can find out what my competitors are up to, what kind of press releases they send out or what type of online directory’s they are in (so I can join them too). And if I hear news about my best client, I can proactively send them a congrats email and show that I care.
Google alerts are free and extremely useful – Go to http://www.google.com/alerts to try it. I warn you - it can get addictive!