There has been a ton of discussion in the recruiting and staffing community around the value of leveraging social networks for recruitment. Specifically, at Bullhorn many of our customers have asked us to provide job posting integration with social networks so that each time you post a job, it will feed out to your social media communities. We are currently working on our roadmap to enable this deeper, meaningful integration and look forward to launching something in the months ahead. In the meantime, there is a great way that Bulhorn users, who also use Bullhorn Career Portal, can easily connect their job postings with services like Twitter and Facebook. Setting this up can be very easy and the following post will walk you through the process. Please note: this will only work for new jobs. If you are editing existing jobs, they will not get picked up by the RSS feed.
In order to make this work you will need: 1) To be using the Bullhorn Career Portal 2)To have accounts setup on the social networks where you want to automatically post jobs(we'll show you how to do this with Twitter and Facebook). 3) To know your Bullhorn private label ID. If you don't know your Private Label ID, you can contact Bullhorn support and they can provide it for you. To contact Bullhorn support to get your Private Label ID you can go to the support menu in Bullhorn, select Resource Center, and choose Submit a Ticket.
Finding your Bullhorn Career Portal RSS Feed Every Bullhorn customer that uses the Bullhorn Career Portal to post jobs has an RSS feed for their jobs. For those of you who aren't familiar with RSS, it stands for Really Simple Syndication. It is a technology that pushes information, say a listing of jobs, out to anyone who is subscribed to it via RSS. That information can then be viewed on web portals like My Yahoo, iGoogle, with RSS news readers, as well as on social networks. 1) Once you know your private label ID, all you need to do is copy and paste the URL below into your browser, replacing the YYY with your private label ID. Here's the URL to use: http://public.bullhornstaffing.com/JobBoard/Standard/JobOpportunitiesRSS.cfm?privateLabelID=YYY and here's an example where we inserted Bullhorn's Private Label ID into the URL. We put the "96" in place of the "YYY" http://public.bullhornstaffing.com/JobBoard/Standard/JobOpportunitiesRSS.cfm?privateLabelID=96 2) Once you have that URL and paste it into your browser, you should see a page that lists your current open jobs. I've pasted a screenshot of what that looks like in Internet Explorer 8 for Bullhorn's jobs. 3) At this point if you are seeing jobs in this format, then you are almost done.
Connecting your RSS Feed to Social Networks There are many social networks out there and many ways to connect RSS feeds to them. We'll cover two ways to do this for Twitter and Facebook. And one of the ways we include also has a way to do this via LinkedIn. TwitterFeed In spite of the name, this feature also allows you to connect to both Facebook and Twitter.
1) Go to twitterfeed.com and setup a new account. It's free.
2) Once you've setup your account, you then take your feed and add it to TwitterFeed. There are lots of additional options you can configure on TwitterFeed, but we'll keep it simple.
3) Then connect your feed with your social networks. First you can connect it with Twitter. You simply login to the Twitter Account that you want the jobs to post to and thats it.
4) Do the same thing with Facebook, adding in your Facebook account to TwitterFeed. This will push information on the job out to your Facebook status. Hootsuite HootSuite is an internet-based application that allows you to add more than one Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Myspace, Wordpress or Ping profile. You can manage all profiles through one dashboard.
1) Go to www.Hootsuite.com and setup a new account. This is a free application.
2) Add your Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Myspace, Wordpress and/or Ping profiles to your Hootsuite dashboard.
3) Once you've setup your account, go to settings and select the “RSS/Atom” tab. In the right hand corner click the tab “Add New Feed”. At this point, you should see the option "Add RSS/Atom Feed" (see image below) 4) Paste your Feed URL and select how often you want Hootsuite to check the feed and how many posts you want pushed out at a time.
5) Give your posts a name that makes sense based on what content is being pushed through your RSS Feed. Because we are pushing jobs, I chose “Job Opening" as my title.
6) Lastly, select which profiles you would like your jobs to be pushed out to and save the feed. And that's it. Next time you post a new job to Bullhorn, it will be published out to your social networks (see example below).