New Bullhorn Mobile Recruiting Software Now Available; Sell and Recruit On-the-Go
I’m very excited to let everyone know we just released the all new Bullhorn Mobile. This app has been built from the ground up for the latest touch enabled smartphones and tablets, including iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry and HP WebOS. Please check out our mobile recruiting software demo on BullhornTV. Since we’re talking about mobile recruiting and staffing, I’ve been thinking a lot about how mobile has simply revolutionized how recruiting and staffing professionals work. Almost a year ago to the day (in July 2010) we launched Bullhorn Mobile Sync, our new over-the-air sync feature which put your Bullhorn email, calendar and contacts on your mobile device. To date, we have thousands of recruiting and staffing pros sending and receiving messages from their mobile device that all automatically track against contacts and candidates in Bullhorn. What I think is amazing is what has happened in the mobile market in the last 12 months since we released Mobile Sync. Here are a few highlights as of June 2011.
- 428,000,000 mobile devices were sold in the first quarter of 2011 alone, 19% more than the same quarter in 2010 according to Gartner.
- There are over 100,000,000 Android devices activated worldwide at a rate of 400,000 activations per day!
- The average monthly data – email, web surfing, videos, etc – consumed by smartphone users is between 500MBs and 600MBs.
And along with those crazy big numbers, there have been lots of shifts in the wireless landscape:
- Verizon now has the iPhone 4.
- AT&T and Verizon are rolling out their 4G / LTE service (if you have a 4G device, you then know how sweet it is!)
- Andriod has 53% share of the Global smartphone market share, 36% share in the US.
- Apple generated $1.78 Billion (billion!) in sales from its Apps store alone in 2010, more than doubling 2009.
And did you see Cisco’s forecast? Cisco predicts there will be 15 billion networked devices by 2015 with a considerable percentage of mobile devices included in that number. 15 billion. Staggering. It’s pretty clear that this sea change is well underway both in the mobile market as well as how you want and need to do business to stay competitive. During the last 12 months, we spent a considerable amount of time talking to you to understand what you want from a Bullhorn mobile recruiting app to recruit, collaborate and close business while you are away from the office. So that brings me back to where we started – the all new Bullhorn Mobile. Mobile computing is a juggernaut that won’t be stopped. If you aren’t already working recruiting and selling on a mobile device, then I bet in the next 12 months you absolutely will be. We think the all the new Bullhorn Mobile will make that a reality for you.
This Bullhorn Blog post was written by Ric Leeds.