Upgrade Candidate Intake With the New Bullhorn Open Source Career Portal
With good candidates in short supply, having a simple and effective way for candidates to apply to your openings is paramount. The candidate experience starts with your career portal, whether they start on your website or are redirected from an external site like LinkedIn or Google for Jobs.
Bullhorn just released two new versions of the Open Source Career Portal, and whether you’re using the basic or advanced version, you need to be taking advantage of the latest updates.
The Open Source Career Portal
The basic version of the career portal will provide you with the same new look and feel as the advanced version, as well as Google Analytics. The career portal with advanced hosting extends the basic version by adding in Google for Jobs support and an XML feed. It’s recommended that a Web Developer should be used to implement the advanced Career Portal.
Upgrade your current career portal and take advantage of these great improvements. Track where your candidates are coming from using Google Analytics. Deliver your job data to third party job boards with the built-in XML feed. More and more candidates are searching for jobs through Google, so make sure you’re not missing out on Google for Jobs.
Are candidates browsing your jobs? Are your campaigns effective? One of the most common questions we receive at Newbury is “how can I implement Google Analytics with my job board?” With this new release, Bullhorn has completed the heavy lifting for you and you can now leverage Google Analytics to track key metrics about candidate behavior.
To begin, simply create a Google Analytics account, register your website, configure the portal, and let Google do the rest. Google Analytics hooks into the portal so that job posting performance will be monitored.
You can measure your ROI by tracking campaign effectiveness:
Google for Jobs
Google for Jobs does not allow an XML feed to upload jobs. Instead, you’re forced to have your jobs on your website. Google then crawls the web for websites with relevant content that are actively being updated and then indexes them. These improvements to the portal will allow the job data to be rendered server-side, enabling Google to index them.
Having your jobs on your website, submitting an updated sitemap, and having well-structured data will ensure your jobs are given the best opportunity to be seen.
Google provides its Structured Data Testing Tool that you can leverage to ensure your job data is properly structured. Here’s how it works:
Enter your URL:
Validate your data:
Finally, preview your job:
Recruitment agencies want their jobs seen by as many candidates as possible. That means syndicating your jobs out to external job boards. Think niche boards for your sector or LinkedIn. Traditionally building a “feed” for these job boards has been a custom effort.
Easily access the built-in XML feed and utilise it by pulling your job data into another application, sending your job data to a third party or even placing the data on another page of your website. This framework enables you to customise and deliver your job openings to any other job board that will accept an XML feed.
The XML feed can be added to any RSS reader, which also allows candidates to subscribe to jobs.
Key OSCP Takeaways
- Angular7 – Upgraded from AngularJS to Angular 7
- Novo Elements Library – Leveraging Novo Elements allows developers to easily extend the Bullhorn Career Portal and use existing Novo Elements functionality
- Angular Universal – For server-side rendering, allowing jobs to be captured by Google for Jobs
- Example URL: NewburyRecruitingCompany.com/CareerPortal/sitemap
- XML Feed – Easily shares your job data with external providers or can be added to an RSS reader by candidates to allow them to be alerted about new jobs
- Example URL: NewburyRecruitingCompany.com/CareerPortal/feed
- Google Analytics – Monitor your campaign performance and track where candidates are coming from
- Custom Fields – Updated code base allows custom fields to be driven by configuration
- Career Portal Basic – A quick, easy to set up, fully-integrated career portal with Google Analytics
- Career Portal Advanced – All the benefits of the basic career portal with the additions of Google for Jobs and an XML feed. Recommended that a Web Developer implement.
Newbury SI Group, a Bullhorn Marketplace Partner, is excited about the new release and added features of the Bullhorn Open Source Career Portal. If you need help designing, configuring, or enhancing the functionality of your career portal, reach out to Newbury SI Group today.