An ATS should always aim to fulfill two primary objectives:
1. Assist the employer by optimising the recruitment process and increasing the quality of candidates. With a recruitment system in place, an employer or staffing and recruitment agency can ensure that candidate applications are processed quickly and accurately during the hiring process. It also allows you to effectively track and search for the most quality candidates.
2. Make the application process as easy as possible for the candidate. A good recruitment system is not just there to serve the employer, but also the candidate. A positive candidate experience is an important goal of a well-designed recruitment system. It makes the application process easy to understand and complete. Creating an incredible candidate experience will positively influence your employer brand and in turn, help your organisation stand out to future candidates.
What does a good recruitment system offer?
- A candidate and talent database
- Access to online candidate profiles
- Integrate with your company’s internal HR-system
- Mobile access for you and your candidates
- Customized reporting
- Ability to support multiple languages
- Workflow management
- Flexibility in managing vacancies
- Intelligent searching and matching
- Job posting to job boards, social media, and your corporate website
- Mass communication functionality for newsletters and job alerts
- Referral tools