Why is this helpful?
Contractors on assignment often get thrown on ‘consultant island’ and are easy for busy firms to overlook. With Bullhorn Automation, you can automate outreach to current contractors and protect revenue from walking away during or after an assignment ends.
- Communicate with contractors during the assignment
- Quickly identify problems like contractor dissent
- Reduce mid-assignment fall-off
- Forecast contract end dates more accurately
1. The trigger to enter a contractor care workflow would typically be after a new hire based workflow. After new hires go through an initial campaign, they enter contractor care to maintain the relationship during the middle part of an assignment. How a contractor could enter this workflow:
- They’ve completed a new hire or onboarding workflow
- They are a current contractor without any activity in 1 month
2. Create a touch-base email template. This can include a simple message asking how the contract is going as well as additional reminders or tips to keep the candidate engaged.
How has your project been going the past couple of weeks? It is always an adjustment getting used to a new role, so just want to be sure you know we are here if you are having any challenges.
Don’t forget to submit your weekly timecard for approval!
Please let me know if there is anything at all we can help with.
3. Below is a sample contractor care workflow built in Bullhorn Automation. As many as 15% of contractors leave part-way through an assignment. With Bullhorn Automation, you can address potential problems and resolve contractor problems with steady communication.
- Send text message 1/2 way through assignment
- Include a referral request email or text
- Add call task during the end to prep redeployment
- Notify recruiter if no emails are being opened, etc.
This workflow doesn’t just improve the contractor experience, it is critical to reducing contract fall-off and increasing redeployment. You can expect better engagement scores from contractors and candidates that are actively being nurtured vs. those that are not. All of these factors lead to an increase in revenue.
Since we’re really trying to nurture a current relationship, basic metrics around engagement are what we’d recommend watching. Those include
- Open rate
- Click rate
- Engagement score