Why is this helpful?
Post interview surveys are a great way to gather feedback from candidates that you can use to update or improve your recruitment processes as well as keep the candidate engaged and head off any issues or concerns. Additionally, you can piggy back off of positive survey responses with requests for referrals or testimonials for your firm.
Surveys do best when they are short and simple. You can always build out your data through a series of quick surveys or polls that hit the candidate’s inbox at just the right time.
- Gather feedback to improve recruitment processes
- Keep candidates engaged and catch issues before they become deal breakers
Setting up the workflow for the post interview survey can be as simple as an email triggered by an interview date.
1. Create a list in Bullhorn Automation that looks for candidates when submission status becomes “Interview Scheduled”.
2. Once someone matches the above criteria, Bullhorn Automation can trigger an email to the candidate with a post interview survey request.
I hope your interview went well today – I can’t wait to hear about it on our call later this week. (PS – Let’s schedule that now)
In the meantime, could you please fill out this 2-minute survey regarding your experience with %SUBMISSIONCOMPANYNAME%?
- Send a text followup if survey is not completed after 2 days
- If survey results are negative, schedule an immediate followup call task for the recruiter
- If survey results are positive, schedule a referral or testimonial request email to go to the candidate 1 week later
- Send a notification to the recruiter when a survey is completed
- Adjust the candidate’s score or status based on survey answers
- Add note to candidate record when a survey is completed
This workflow should impact your outcomes from both a candidate engagement standpoint as well as an overall process improvement standpoint. Getting actionable feedback at this critical time in the candidate placement cycle will allow you to decrease interview fall-off as well.
- Post interview fall-off (reduction)
- Survey response rate
- Positive response vs negative response
- Placement revenue
From making sure that your candidates are receiving and completing the survey, to tracking how the survey impacts candidate experience (fall-off reduction) and placement outcomes, you will need to make sure you carefully tracking these key metrics and overall campaign analytics. Let Bullhorn Automation make it easy for you.