3 Reasons Why Document Automation is the Next Big Thing for Staffing
This blog was contributed by Bullhorn Marketplace Partner, Kyloe.
We were delighted to host a roundtable as part of Bullhorn EngageX 2020 in which Kyloe Director Raymond Pennie was joined by Ali Donnel (Vaco), Raj Surve (Cross Country Healthcare), and Russ Wallis (North Highland Consulting), as they discussed how they’re using our document automation (aka ‘documation’) tool ‘AwesomeDocs’ as part of their strategies.
If you’re new to documation and need a crash course, here’s what you need to know and why you should care:
- Documation is a contraction of ‘document’ and ‘automation.’
- It means to ‘automate and streamline your document management processes.’
- It’s particularly useful for recruitment companies as it maximizes efficiency when creating, sending, and storing important documents such as CVs, submission packets, and contracts while mitigating associated risks.
- AwesomeDocs sits within Bullhorn ATS & CRM – you don’t need to leave your ATS to use it and it keeps everything in one place.
As the industry landscape becomes even more competitive due to impacts of COVID-19 and companies look to operate on leaner budgets and get rid of on-premise paperwork, documation could be just what you need.
The benefits of documation – ‘The three Cs’
During the roundtable, our panelists discussed the challenges that implementing documation via AwesomeDocs has solved for them, and why you should be considering it as part of your strategy. As part of this, there were three key themes that emerged – centralization, compliance, and consistency.
- Branding of documents can be controlled centrally, meaning that users have a consistent database of document templates at their fingertips, ensuring that any document created looks exactly how it should. You can also set up templates to meet client requirements, such as unbranded versions or unique cover sheets.
- We’ve all heard stories about documents getting lost or being stored on local machines, meaning that they can’t be located when needed. One of the huge benefits of documation is that the document automatically saves where it’s supposed to be. For example, with AwesomeDocs, you can send a contract for signing via DocuSign and when the completed version comes back it will automatically save back to the correct record in Bullhorn.
- Whether you need to include relevant credentials for a certain type of role in order to meet candidate verification requirements or show location-specific legal language on a contract, it’s possible with documation.
- By storing documents in a central place, you can also ensure you stay on the right side of the law and mitigate any data related issues associated with saving files locally.
- Consistent workflows develop routines which, in turn, drives efficiency. Mundane, manual tasks such as formatting resumes or scanning, signing, and uploading contracts can eat up a huge amount of time; by streamlining and automating these tasks you can maximize output.
- Recruiters at North Highland were spending an average of 15 minutes on formatting a resume– with AwesomeDocs they’ve reduced this to just two minutes per resume, sometimes even less. Not only does this mean that documents can be sent out faster, but it also frees up time to spend on other things like building relationships with clients or placing candidates!
The ROI in terms of cost and time is huge. How could your employees be using the time saved on completing mundane tasks and fixing errors made when doing them manually? The electronic signing functionality also allows you to eliminate paper, ink, printing, and mail costs, and save some trees!
How to incorporate documation into your strategy
When used properly, AwesomeDocs not only improves your internal processes, but it also can drastically improve the client and candidate experience. Our panelists recommend the following steps to anyone considering documation:
- Know what you’re trying to accomplish: Have a clear vision of what you’re trying to solve
- Start small: Solve specific needs and master that – you can identify other use cases when you’re up and running
- Ensure your data is structured properly: If the data isn’t right, the document won’t be right.
We recently hit a huge milestone with AwesomeDocs when it was used to generate its millionth document! If you’re interested in learning how you can join our clients in using documation to drive your business, book a free demo today!