Why is this helpful?
Engaging with existing ATS candidates is the #1 thing a staffing agency can do to get the most mileage out of talent that’s already been sourced, categorized and sometimes evaluated. Just because the candidate wasn’t a fit for Job A, doesn’t mean they won’t be a fit for Job B. However, many companies let most of their ATS candidates go dormant and stagnate; you spent time, energy and money sourcing them, why not use them?
- Helps re-introduce a staffing agency brand to neglected candidates
- Saves money on sourcing costs by using already sourced candidates
- Improves chances of ATS becoming top source of hire
- Automatic safety net if candidates fall through the cracks during the recruiting process
The trigger to enter a re-engagement campaign is usually a combination of criteria around time. For example, triggering criteria could be the following:
- Candidate hasn’t had a new note added in 6 months
- Their status is not DNR or placed
- Candidate has a valid email address
1. Create a list in Bullhorn Automation that looks for candidates following the above criteria (plus any other filters you’d like to use).
2. Build the template(s) for your engagement emails. Make sure to pick proven subject lines and content to ensure engagement.
We know how stressful job hunting can be, so we are inviting you to check out some of our recent opportunities that could be a good fit for you. If you don’t see anything that looks right for you, click here to update your profile. We’re eager to help you find the match that will take your career to the next level!
If you’d like to discuss your career prospects in more detail, go ahead and schedule a time for us to chat here!
3. Once a candidate triggers the criteria above, they will be sent an email every three weeks and their activity tracked.
- Create email variations for candidate segments or specialties
- Send notification to the recruiter when candidate engages
- Add a followup task for the recruiter to call the candidate
- Add a note to the candidate record, depending on action
- Change the status and/or score of the candidate record
- Add candidate to segmented list for ongoing job alerts or nurturing campaigns
Again, re-engagement is a rather basic workflow that helps warm up your forgotten ATS candidates. For reporting purposes, top-level metrics should be tracked. Those include:
- Open rate
- Click rate
- Job view rate
- Apply rate
- Engagement score